To cut a 9×13-inch cake into 20 equal pieces, you’ll want to follow these steps carefully to ensure even and uniform portions. Here’s a method to achieve that:
Materials You’ll Need:
- 9×13-inch cake
- A long, sharp knife
- A ruler (optional)
- Prepare the Cake:
- Make sure your cake is cooled and ready for cutting. You can bake your own cake or use a store-bought one.
- Gather Your Tools:
- Have a long, sharp knife ready. A ruler can be helpful but is optional.
- Divide the Cake in Half:
- Start by cutting the cake in half lengthwise. This means making a straight cut down the center of the longer side of the cake. You now have two equal-sized rectangles.
- Divide Each Half into Five:
- Take one of the halves and cut it into five equal horizontal sections. To do this, measure the width of the cake and divide it by five to determine the width of each piece. Make sure each cut is straight and parallel to the long sides of the cake. You can use a ruler for precision if desired.
- Repeat for the Other Half:
- Take the other half of the cake and repeat the process, cutting it into five equal horizontal sections.
- Final Touch:
- Now, you should have ten equal-sized rectangular pieces from each half, totaling 20 pieces. Carefully remove each piece from the cake pan using a spatula or cake lifter.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Serve the cake pieces to your guests or enjoy them yourself.
By following these steps, you can evenly divide your 9×13-inch cake into 20 pieces. Remember to use a sharp knife for clean cuts, and you can use a ruler to help ensure that your pieces are as close to the same size as possible. Enjoy your cake!